TANZANIA ELECTRIC SUPPLY COMPANY LIMITED
Tender No. PA/001/2016/HQ/W/31
For Engineering, Procurement and Construction
Rural Electrification for Villages in Geita Districts
Invitation for Tenders
1. Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (TANESCO) has received a loan from the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) and the Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa(BADEA) towards the cost of Engineering, Procurement and Construction for 220kV Bulyanhulu – Geita Transmission Line and Rural Electrification for Villages in Geita Districts under Geita District Rural Electrification Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan to cover eligible payments under the Contract for Rural Electrification for Villages in Geita Districts.
2. TANESCO now invites sealed tenders from eligible Contractors for Engineering, Procurement and Construction for Rural Electrification for Villages in Geita Districts.
3. Tendering will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding procedures specified in the Procurement Regulations, 2013 – Government Notice No.446 and are open to all bidders as defined in the Regulations unless otherwise stated in the Tender Data Sheet.
4. Interested eligible Tenderers may obtain further information from the Secretary of TANESCO Tender Board Morogoro Road, Ubungo Head Office, “Umeme Park”, P.O. Box 9024, Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Telephone: +255 22 245 1130/9
Facsimile number: +255 22 245 2026
Electronic Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
From 8:00a.m. to 4:00p.m. on Mondays to Fridays inclusive except on public holidays.
5. A complete set of Tendering Document(s) in English language and additional sets may be purchased by interested Tenderers on the submission of a written application to the address given under paragraph 4 above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of USD 100. Payment should either be by Cash, Banker’s Draft, or Banker’s Cheque, payable to Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited.
6. All Tenders must be accompanied by a Tender Security in the format provided in the Tendering documents in the amount USD 55,000. The validity period of tender is 90 days and that of tender security is 120 days after bid submission deadline.
7. All Tenders in one original plus three (3) copies, properly filled in, and enclosed in plain envelopes must be delivered to the address at or before 10.00 am Friday, December 30, 2016. Bids will be opened promptly thereafter in public and in the presence of tenderer’s representatives who choose to attend in the opening at TANESCO, see address below at Twiga Board Room.
8. Late Tenders, portion of Tenders, electronic Tenders, and Tenders not received, Tenders not opened at the Tender opening ceremony shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
9. A pre-Tender meeting will be arranged at TANESCO Head Office in Dar Es Salaam on Thursday, 10th November, 2016 followed by an organized site visit starting the next day. The tenderer is encouraged to visit the site to be familiar with the areas. Details of the site visit will be arranged upon in the pre-Tender meeting. Expenses for the site visit will be on tenderer’s cost.
10. Bid Submission Address:
Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited
TANESCO Tender Board
Address: Morogoro Road, Ubungo Head Office, “Umeme Park”, P.O. Box 9024, Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.
Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (TANESCO)