Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzanians. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity is to be more efficient, customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company is investing heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under-mentioned posts.
Specific attributes for the Positions to be filled:
All Candidates must:
v Demonstrate impeccable performance track record;
v Demonstrate highest degree of integrity;
v Possess good communication and interpersonal skills; Intelligence and Investigation skills
v Be self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision;
v Be capable of delivering excellent results while working under pressure with tight deadlines;
v Must be Computer literate.
SECURITY OFFICER (4 POSTS)
Implementation of security operations and all matters relating to the protection of Company assets, property, infrastructure and systems as well as conducting investigations into all sorts of crime, irregularities, misconduct and conflicts in the Company.
1. Conduct Internal Investigations on issues of theft, embezzlement, sabotage, labour unrest, dishonesty, major electrocutions as well as all sorts of crimes with a view of establishing causes, identifying culprits and the truth.
2. Undertake enquiries from complaints and/or allegations raised by customers against staff or staff against fellow staff and ensure that the department is properly advised on recommendations to be followed.
3. Work hand in hand with relevant authorities, state organs and individuals to establish and maintain positive working relations and identify offenders of company infrastructure including Vishoka and their activities.
4. Keep records of all case files and exhibits for ease of reference and close follow up to ensure success.
5. Attend to information and incidences submitted to the security department and produce timely reports.
6. Patrol and supervise all guard posts manned by hired local security firms to ensure reliability and authorized movements of property and personnel, and investigate any irregularities.
7. Assist the regions in with regards to information received through whistle blowing and issues relating to vandalism of company infrastructure.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree of any discipline or its equivalent from a recognized higher learning Institution.
2. Minimum of 3 years of related experience in a reputable company, Police or Security organization.
3. Certificate of training on security matters from Police or any other reputable security training institution.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in the position, apply by sending a detailed application letter, clearly stating why you should be considered for the position and how you will add value accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and contacts of three referees to be submitted not later than. Application letters should indicate the candidate’s name, index number and year of examination appearing in the attached academic certificates.
Applications should be submitted not later than 25th May 2017 and addressed to:
SENIOR MANAGER HUMAN RESOURCES,
TANESCO LTD UMEME PARK,
UBUNGO P. O BOX 9024
DAR ES SALAAM