The Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzanian people. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity is to be more efficient customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company will, in the coming years invest heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under-mentioned posts at Ubungo Gas Plant 1. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Specific attributes for the Positions to be filled:
All Candidates must:
v Demonstrate good performance track record;
v Demonstrate highest degree of integrity, credibility, and character;
v Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
v Be self- driven and capable of working with minimal supervision;
v Possess problem solving and organizing skills;
v Be a good team player;
v Must be computer literate
GENERATION ENGINEER : 2 POSTS
REPORTS TO : PRINCIPAL ENGINEER
REPORTING OFFICE : UBUNGO GAS PLANT 1
Responsible for supervising proper operations of plant equipment at Power Plant and ensure optimal availability of the Plant. These include Power Generators, Transformers and their respective equipment.
1. In charge of Shift Supervisors.
2. To communicate with Grid control center and the Plant Management about load changes and prepare all notifications to grid control center as required.
3. Ensure that the shift hand and take over procedures are followed.
4. Plan, execute, control and review operation programs of related installations in the area of your jurisdiction. The focus should be to optimize contribution of Plants Units to the Grid system under all operating conditions.
5. Prepare and submit instant, daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to Plant Management if need arise on operation activities related to the area of your jurisdiction.
6. Ensure TANESCO, OSHA, Healthy and safety policies are adhered to at all the time when carrying out maintenance activities. The priority must be the safety of personnel and security of the company equipment.
7. Supervise the management of Engines Lube oil, Natural gas, Generators cooling water.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE JOB:
1. Bachelor degree in Mechanical/Electrical / Electro–Mechanical Engineering.
2. Must be registered with Engineers Registration Board.
An attractive compensation package based on performance and commensurate with the responsibility will apply to successful candidates.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified and interested candidates may apply by sending a detailed application letter clearly stating why you should be considered for the position and how you will add value to the company. All Applications must be accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and contacts of three referees.
Application letters should clearly state the candidate’s name, secondary examination index number and year of examination appearing in the attached academic certificates.
Applications should be submitted not later than 30th May, 2017 and addressed to:-
SENIOR MANAGER HUMAN RESOURCES,
TANESCO LTD UMEME PARK,
UBUNGO P. O BOX 9024
DAR ES SALAAM
Please note that phone calls or any kind of soliciting for these positions by applicants or relatives will automatically lead to disqualification