TENDER No. PA/001/13/NZN/G/006 FOR SUPPLY OF VARIOUS HYDRO POWER STATIONS BEARINGS FOR NORTHERN ZONE
Invitation for Tenders
Date: 05 August, 2013
1. Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited has set aside funds for renovation, rehabilitation and construction works during the financial year 2013 and intends to use part of the funds to cover eligible payment under the contract for renovation, repairs for civil works for North Zone Regions.
2. The Tanzania Electric Company Limited now invites sealed tenders from eligible Contractors for supply of various Hydro Power Stations Bearings for Pangani Hydro Plants as per under mentioned lots:-
i. Supply of Turbine Bearings for New Pangani Falls Power Plant,
ii. Supply of Carbon Brushes for New Pangani Falls Power Plant, Hale Power Plant and Nyumba ya Mungu Power Plant,
iii. Supply of Automatic Self Cleaning Strainer Pump for Hale Power Plant.
3. Tendering will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding procedures specified in the Public Procurement (Goods, Works, Non Consultant Service and Disposal of Public Assets by Tender) Regulations, 2005 – Government Notice No. 97 and is open to all Tenderers as defined in the Regulations.
4. Interested eligible Tenderers may obtain further information and/or inspect the Tendering Documents at the office of the Delegated Procurement Management Unit located at Fifth floor, Room No. 505, TANESCO Regional Office Building, Swahili/Market Road, P.O. Box 5048 Tanga, Tanzania. Telephone/fax 0272645391/92 from 09:00hrs to 16.30hrs on Mondays to Fridays inclusive except on public holidays.
5. A complete set of Tendering Document(s) in English and additional sets may be purchased by interested Tenderers on the submission of a written application letter to the address given under paragraph 4 above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Tshs. 100,000.00 Payment should either be by Cash, Banker’s Draft, or Banker’s Cheque, payable to TANESCO Ltd. P.O. Box 9024 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Bidding documents may be dispatched through courier upon bidder’s courier arrangement. The purchaser (client) shall bear no responsibility for late delivery of the bidding documents.
6. All Tenders must be accompanied by a Tender Securing Declaration in the format provided in the bidding document.
7. All tenders in one original plus three copies, properly filled in, and enclosed in plain envelopes clearly marked ‘TENDER NO. PA/001/13/NZN/G/006 FOR SUPPLY OF VARIOUS HYDRO POWER STATION BEARINGS NOT TO BE OPENED BEFORE 14:30 HOURS ON 5th September, 2013 should be addressed to the SECRETARY, TANESCO TENDER BOARD P.O. BOX 9024, DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA to reach him at room No. G 15 not later than 5th September, 2013 at or before 14.30hrs local time.
8. Tenders will be opened thereafter in public and in the presence of Tenderers’ representatives who choose to attend in the opening at the Zonal Office Board Room located at Fifth floor, Room No. 507, TANESCO Regional Office Building, Swahili/Market Road, P.O Box 5048 Tanga.
9. Later tenders, portion of tenders, electronic tenders, and tenders not received, tenders not opened and not read out in public at the tender opening ceremony shall not be acceptable for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
Public Relations Office
Tanesco Head Office