Background – TANESCO http://www.tanesco.co.tz
Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzanians. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity is to be more efficient, customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company is investing heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under-mentioned posts.
Specific attributes for the Positions to be filled:
All Candidates must:
v Self motivated
v Excellent communication skills
v Creative, innovative and team working skills
v High level of interpersonal skills
v Demonstrate highest degree of integrity
v Computer literacy will be an added advantage
LIGHT CURRENT TECHNICIAN (1 POST)
Execution of all planed maintenance works of Telecommunication systems in plants, grid, distribution substations and offices, with objective of ensuring smooth operational communication within the Plant.
· Inspect, test electronic and communication systems to ascertain their condition and operation status.
· Prepare cost estimates and works orders for planned maintenance works of communication systems equipment.
· Execute properly preventive maintenance works in a planned time to ensure emergence break downs are avoided.
· Respond promptly to emergence calls during emergence break downs to ensure communication is restored within minimum time possible.
· Install and perform proper commissioning of new installations as per required standards to ensure proper systems operations.
· Keep maintenance records, equipment status updating and observe reporting system to ensure a good data base and communication system.
· Observe safety regulations and working procedures to ensure accidents to people and equipment are avoided.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Form IV or Form VI Secondary certificates
- Ordinary Diploma or FTC in Electronics engineering from recognized institution
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience post qualification with exposure to Power System
Remuneration and Benefits:
Competitive remuneration package shall be offered commensurate with skills and experience. Details will be discussed at the interview; only people who fit the above criteria need to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you a Tanzanian National and interested in the position, you should send a written application giving full details of previous work life history, qualifications and include two work references. Applications should be marked “Private and confidential” and addressed to:
Mtera Hydro Plant,
P. O. Box 1