Background – TANESCO http://www.tanesco.co.tz
Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzanians. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity is to be more efficient, customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company is investing heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under-mentioned posts at Tabora Regional Office.
Specific attributes for the Positions to be filled:
All Candidates must:
v Demonstrate good performance track record;
v Demonstrate highest degree of integrity;
v Possess good communication and interpersonal skills;
v Be self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision;
v Be capable of delivering positive results and working under pressure with tight deadlines;
1. ARTISAN(LINESMEN) (4 POSTS)
As an Artisan (Linesman), responsible for proper line Construction, Maintenance and perform Emergency works in the branch.
· To construct and maintain distribution lines network in accordance with the company procedures and standards.
· To ensure the holes for poles erection are excavated according to the company standards and measurements.
· To ensure the electrical conductors of distribution lines are properly stringed in accordance with Engineering instructions and safety rules.
· To ensure timely connection of power to customers in accordance with Company standards while ensuring customers’ safety of customers and their property.
· To ensure reported and unreported temporary breakdowns are dealt with immediately to ensure constant supply to the customers.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Form four (IV) with Electrical installation trade test Grade I, II or III.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS:
Competitive remuneration package shall be offered commensurate with skills and experience.
Details will be discussed at the interview; only people who fit the above criteria need apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants should send a written application with detailed curriculum vitae and two work references. Applications should be marked “Private and confidential” and addressed to:
TANESCO Ltd ,
P. O. Box 8 Tabora, Tanzania.
Application closing date: 9th February,2015.