THE REPUBLIC OF KENYA AND THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Under Tender No. KETRACO/PT/016/2014-PA/001/2015/HQ/C/24
For Provision of Consultancy Services
For Supervision and Management of the Kenya-Tanzania Power Interconnection Project (KTPIP)
The Governments of the Republic of Kenya (GoK) and the United Republic of Tanzania (GoT) have applied for financing from the African Development Bank (ADF) and the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) toward the cost of the Kenya-Tanzania Power Interconnection Project (KTPIP), and intend to apply part of the agreed amount for this credit to payments under the contract for Provision of consulting services for Supervision and Management of the Kenya-Tanzania Power Interconnection Project.
The services under this project will entirely include and not limited to the following:-
· Supervising the construction works divided into several lots for the 400 kV HVAC Overhead Double Circuit Transmission line in Kenya and Tanzania stretching from Isinya Substation in Kenya to Singida Substation in Tanzania, approximately 513.5 km and 400 kV Substations at Iringa, Dodoma, Singida, Shinyanga and Arusha in Tanzania and any integration works at Isinya substation in Kenya and certifying payments to contractors;
· Preparation and submission to the country Project implementing Agencies (KETRACO and TANESCO) and to the financiers of detailed project implementation schedules;
· Reviewing Construction, Operation and Maintenance Agreements as well as Operation and Maintenance Manual;
· Reviewing and approving of technical documents including contractor’s detailed design during execution of the supply and installation contracts;
· Administration of all contracts;
· Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports;
· Preparation of Project Completion Report;
· Providing training to implementation and operation staff;
· Follow-up of any issues during the defect liability period.
The Consultant will be required to have two teams, one based in Kenya and another in Tanzania but both working under one same Team Leader. The Project is planned to be implemented in twenty three (23) months from the contract commencement date.
The Kenya Electricity Transmission Company (KETRACO) Ltd and the Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) Ltd now invite eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, company profile and financial status, etc.).
For the purpose of demonstrating experience in the expression of interest, consultants should list at least three (3) and at most ten (10) successful project implementation experiences in the items indicated below:
· General Experience of Consultant in Power System Projects not less than fifteen (15) years,
· Specific Experience of Consultant in Design and Supervision of Transmission Lines and Substations of 330 kV HVAC and above not less than ten (10) years
· Technical and Managerial Organization of the Firm
· Experience of the Consultant in sub-Saharan Africa
Consultants may constitute joint-ventures to enhance their chances of qualification.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Rules and Procedures for the use of Consultants” dated May 2008 Edition, revised July 2012, which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality- and Cost-Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the above indicated Rules and Procedures for the use of Consultants. Borrowers are under no obligation to shortlist any consultant who expresses interest.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the addresses below during office hours from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. East Africa Local Time:
Attn: Mr. Khalid R. James
Joint Project Coordinator (JPC)
Kenya-Tanzania Power Interconnection Project Office
TANESCO HQ-Ubungo Plaza Building, Ubungo-Morogoro Road, 1st Floor,
P.O. Box 9024 Dar Es Salaam, TANZANIA,
Tel: +255 736 50 16 49
Attn: Mr. Brian Muchilwa,
Country Project Manager (Kenya),
Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited,
2nd Floor, Capitol Hill Square,
Chyulu Road, Upper Hill,
P.O Box 34942 – 00100,
Tel: +254 20 4956273
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by 20th February 2015 at or before 10:00 a.m.East Africa Local Time and mention “Expressions of Interest for Provision of Consultancy Services for Supervision and Management of the Kenya-Tanzania Power Interconnection Project”
Procurement Management Unit (PMU)-Tanzania Electric Supply Company Ltd,
Attn. Secretary, TANESCO Tender Board,
UMEME Park Building, Ubungo-Morogoro Road,
Ground Floor, Room No.G.15,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Managing Director Managing Director
Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Ltd Tanzania Electric Supply Company Ltd