TENDER No. PA/001/13/SZN/W/009
LEAKAGE REPAIR AT DAM AND WATER WAYS AT UWEMBA MINI HYDRO
Invitation for Tenders
1. The Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited has set aside funds for Leakage repair at dam and water way at Uwemba Mini Hydro.
2. The Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited now invites sealed tenders from eligible Contractors for Leakage repair at dam and water way at Uwemba Mini Hydro.
3. Tendering will be conducted through National Competitive Tendering procedures specified in the Public Procurement (Works, Non Consultant and Disposal of Public Assets by Tender) Regulations, 2005 – Government Notice No. 97 and is open to all Tenderers as defined in the Regulations
4. You may obtain further information from and inspect the Tendering Documents at the office of the Procurement Management Unit located at TANESCO ZONAL OFFICE located at Karume Road, NIC Building – 1st Floor, P.O Box 779, Mbeya. Telephone/fax 025 -2503080/2503076 from 09:00hrs to 16:30hrs on Mondays to Fridays inclusive except on public holidays. All bids must be accompanied by a bid securing declaration in the format provided in the Bidding documents.
5. A complete set of Tendering Document(s) in English and additional sets may be purchased by interested Tenderers upon submission of a written application to the address given under paragraph 4 above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of TZS: 50,000.00. Payment should either be by Cash, Banker’s Draft, or Banker’s Cheque, payable to TANESCO Ltd. P.O. Box 9024, Dar es Salaam.
6. The scope of work will involve Leakage repair at dam and water way at Uwemba Mini Hydro.
7. All Tenders must be accompanied by Original Tender Securing Declaration in the format provided in the bid document
8. All tenders in one original plus three copies, properly filled in, and enclosed in plain envelopes clearly marked “TENDER NO. PA/001/13/SZN/W/009 FOR LEAKAGE REPAIR AT DAM AND WATER WAYS AT UWEMBA MINI HYDRO, NOT TO BE OPENED BEFORE 14:30 hours on 21ST FEBRUARY, 2014”, should be addressed to the SECRETARY, TANESCO DELEGATED ZONAL TENDER BOARD P.O. BOX 779, MBEYA, to reach her at NIC Building, 1st floor not later than 21ST FEBRUARY, 2014 at or before 14.30 hrs local time. Tenders will be opened thereafter in public and in the presence of Tenderers’ representatives who choose to attend in the opening at Zonal Conference Room located at 1st floor, NIC Building, Karume Avenue, Mbeya.
9. It is strongly recommended to attend site visit to obtain all information that may be necessary for preparing the tender and entering into a contract. The site visit will be held under the arrangement of respective Regional Manager. The costs of visiting the Site shall be at the bidder’s own expense.
10. Late Tenders, Portion of Tenders, Electronic Tenders, Tenders not received, Tenders not opened and not read out in public at the tender opening ceremony shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
SENIOR ZONAL MANAGER
TANESCO SOUTH WEST HIGHLANDS ZONE