TENDER NO. PA/001/13/HQ/G/143 FOR SUPPLY AND INSTALLATION OF TOUGHNED GLASS DISC INSULATORS ALONG 220kV MOROGORO – UBUNGO LINE (I) INCLUDING RESTORATION OF GROUNDING
Invitation for Tenders
Date: January, 2014
1. The Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited has set aside funds for Supply and Installation of Toughened Glass Disc Insulators Along 220kV Morogoro – Ubungo Line (I) Including Restoration of Grounding. The funds will be used to cover eligible payment under the contract for which this invitation for quotation is issued.
2. You are hereby invited to submit sealed tenders for Supply and Installation of Toughened Glass Disc Insulators Along 220kV Morogoro – Ubungo Line (I) Including Restoration of Grounding.
3. Tendering will be conducted through International Competitive Procedures as specified in the Public Procurement (Goods, Works, Non Consultant Service and Disposal of Public Assets by Tender) Regulations, 2005 – Government Notice No. 97 and is open to all Tenderers as defined in the Regulations.
4. Interested eligible Tenderers may obtain further information and/or inspect the Tendering Documents at the office of the Procurement Management Unit located at Ground floor, Room No. G15, TANESCO Head office, Umeme Park, Ubungo, P.O. Box 9024 Dar es Salaam. Telephone/fax (255) 22 2451145/2451160/2452172 from 09:00hrs to 16.30hrs on Mondays to Fridays inclusive except on public holidays.
5. A complete set of Tendering Document(s) in English and additional sets may be purchased by interested Tenderers on the submission of a written application to the address given above, upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Tanzania shillings 100,000 or its equivalent in freely convertible currency. Payment should either be by Cash, Banker’s Draft, or Banker’s Cheque, payable to TANESCO Ltd. P.O. Box 9024 Dar es Salaam Tanzania. Bidding documents may be dispatched through courier upon bidder’s courier arrangement. The purchaser (client) shall bear no responsibility for late delivery of the bidding documents.
6. It is strongly recommended to visit the site to obtain all information that may be necessary for preparing the tender and entering into a contract. The site visit will be held with effect from 10th February, 2014 under the arrangement of Senior Manager Transmission. The Costs for visiting the site shall be at the bidders own expense. The site visit will be conducted at TANESCO HEAD OFFICE.
7. All Tenders must be accompanied by original tender security amounting to TZS. 10,000,000 or its equivalent in freely convertible currency in the form of bank guarantee or banker’s cheque from reputable bank.
8. All tenders in one original plus three copies, properly filled in, and enclosed in plain envelopes clearly marked TENDER No. PA/001/13/HQ/G/143 for SUPPLY AND INSTALLATION OF TOUGHENED GLASS DISC INSULATORS ALONG 220kV MOROGORO – UBUNGO LINE (I) INCLUDING RESTORATION OF GROUNDING NOT TO BE OPENED BEFORE 14:30 HOURS 14TH MARCH, 2014 should be addressed to the SECRETARY, TANESCO TENDER BOARD P.O. BOX 9024, DAR ES SALAAM to reach him at room No. G 15 not later than 14TH MARCH, 2014 at 14.30hrs local time. Tenders will be opened promptly thereafter in public and in the presence of Tenderers’ representatives who choose to attend in the opening at the Twiga Board Room located at Ground floor, TANESCO Head Offices, Umeme Park Building, Morogoro Road – Ubungo.
9. Later tenders, portion of tenders, electronic tenders, and tenders received, tenders not opened and not read out in public at the tender opening ceremony shall not be acceptable for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
TANZANIA ELECTRIC SUPPLY COMPANY LTD