Reporting Office: Kidatu Hydro Power Plant
Reports To: Light Current Technician
Background – TANESCO http://www.tanesco.co.tz
The Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzania people. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity and to be a more efficient customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company will, in the coming years invest heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now invites applicants from serious, self-motivated, and honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under-mentioned post at Kidatu Hydro Power Plant.
LIGHT CURRENT ARTISAN (1 POST)
The Light Current Artisan will be engaged in Electronics/ Electrical works related to repair/maintenance and in tasks requiring knowledge of workshop practice.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
· Execute properly preventive maintenance of electronic/telecommunication equipments in a planned time to ensure emergence break downs are avoided.
Engage in electronics/telecommunication works related to repair/maintenance and in task requiring knowledge of workshop practice.
· Respond promptly to emergence calls during emergence break downs to ensure restoration of fault equipment within minimum time possible.
· Observe safety regulations and working procedures to ensure no accidents to people and equipment.
· Keep maintenance records, equipment status updating and submit work reports after repairs or preventive maintenances.
Key Knowledge, Experience and Skills you must posses
· Form IV or VI secondary certificate.
· Holder of Trade Test Grade I in electronics.
· Minimum of 2 - 3 years of related experience
· Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
Self-management and personal traits:
· Self motivated.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Creative, innovative and team working skills.
· High level of interpersonal skills.
An attractive compensation package base on performance and consummate with the responsibility will apply to the successful candidates.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in the position, apply by sending a brief application letter, clearly stating why you should be considered for the position and how you will add value. With the letter, concise curriculum vitae should be enclosed showing briefly your work experience and for the position as well as work referees. Electronic applications are accepted.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 14 days after initial appearance of this advert. i.e. 17/01/2014
KIDATU HYDRO POWER PLANT,
P. O BOX 186