Background – TANESCO http://www.tanesco.co.tz
The Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzanian people. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity is to be more efficient customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company will, invest heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now invites internal and external applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under-mentioned posts in Regions.
SECURITY OFFICERS ( 5 Posts)
Reporting to: Regional Manager
Implementation of security operations and all matters relating to the protection of Company assets, property, infrastructures and systems as well as conducting investigations into all sorts of crimes, irregularities, misconducts, conflicts, etc in the Company.
- Conduct all Internal Investigations on issues of theft, embezzlement, sabotage, labour unrest, dishonesty, all major electrocutions, etc as well as all sorts of crimes with a view of establishing causes, identifying culprits and the truth.
- Undertake enquiries from complaints and/or allegations raised by customers against staff or staff against fellow staff and ensure that the department is properly advised on recommendations to be followed.
- Work hand in hand with all authorities, state organs, individuals to establish and maintain positive working relations and identify wrongdoers of electricity including Vishoka and their activities.
- Keep the records of all case files and exhibits for ease of reference and close follow up to ensure success.
- Attending to any information and incidences dropped to the security and produce reports within the framework of service and time.
- Patrol and supervise all guard posts manned by hired local security firms to ensure reliability and authorized movements of property and personnel, and investigate any irregularities that fall in.
- Assist the regions in making adequate response to the information received through whistle blowing and any other issues relating to vandalism of infrastructures.
- Identify and initiate enquiries on the employees who collude with “Vishoka” and unfaithful customers.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- A University degree of any discipline or its equivalent in Laws, Engineering, Materials Mgt., Social Sc., Accountancy, etc. from recognized higher learning Institutions.
- Certificate of training on security matters from Police or any other reputable security training institution.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience in a reputable company, Police or Security organization.
- Intelligence and/or Investigation skills, analytical skills, interpersonal skills, conflict resolution skills, stress management skills and creativity.
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills
- Must be a person of unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character.
- Must be Computer literate
An attractive compensation package base on performance and consummate with the responsibility will apply to the successful candidates.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in the position, apply by sending a brief application letter, clearly stating why you should be considered for the position and how you will add value. With the letter, concise curriculum vitae should be enclosed showing briefly your achievement /accomplishments for you to deserve to be considered for the position. Electronic applications are accepted.
This advertisement can also be retrieved at www.tanesco.co.tz.
Phone calls soliciting for these positions by applicants will automatically lead to disqualifications.
All applications should be submitted to the address or email indicated below not later than fourteen days after the initial advertisement.
SENIOR MANAGER HUMAN RESOURCES,
TANESCO LTD UMEME PARK,
UBUNGO P. O BOX 9024
DAR ES SALAAM.