TANZANIA ELECTRIC SUPPLY COMPANY LTD
Invitation for Tenders
TENDER NO. PA/001/2014/NZN/G/11 FOR SUPPLY OF TYRES COMPLETE WITH TUBES AND FLAPS AND VARIOUS SIZE OF BATTERIES FOR NORTH ZONE REGIONS AND PANGANI HYDRO SYSTEMS UNDER FRAMEWORK CONTRACTS
1. The Tanzania Electric Supply Company Ltd intends to apply part of year 2014 budget to cover eligible payments under the contract for supply of tyres complete with tubes and flaps and various size of batteries for its motor vehicles to North Zone Regions and Pangani Hydro Systems.
2. The Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited now invites sealed tenders from eligible Suppliers for supply of tyres complete with tubes and flaps and various size of batteries for North Zone regions and Pangani Hydro Systems under framework contract under the following Lots:
i. Supply of Tyres Complete with Tubes & Flaps
ii. Supply of Various Batteries for use by Company vehicles.
3. Tendering will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding procedures specified in the Public Procurement (Goods, Works, Non Consultant Service and Disposal of Public Assets by Tender) Regulations, 2013 – Government Notice No. 446 Published on 20th December, 2013 and is open to all Tenderers as defined in the Regulations.
4. Interested eligible Tenderers may obtain further information from and inspect the Tendering Documents at the office of the Zonal Procurement Management Unit Office located at Fifth Floor, Room No. 505/503 TANESCO North Zone office, Regional Office Building, Swahili/Market Road, P.O. Box 5048 Tanga. Telephone/fax+ (255) 27 2645391/92 from 09:00hrs to 16.30hrs on Mondays to Fridays inclusive except on public holidays.
5. A complete set of Tendering Document(s) in English and additional set may be purchased by interested Tenderers on the submission of a written application to the address given under paragraph 4 above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Tanzanian Shillings One Hundred thousand (TZS: 100,000/=) only. Payment should either be by Cash, Banker’s Draft, or Banker’s Cheque, payable to TANESCO Ltd, P.O. Box 9024 Dar es Salaam.
6. All tenders must be accompanied by a Tender Securing Declaration in the format provided in the tendering documents.
7. All tenders in one original plus three copies, properly filled in, and enclosed in plain envelopes marked TENDER NO. PA/001/2014/NZN/G/11 FOR SUPPLY OF TYRES COMPLETE WITH TUBES AND FLAPS & VARIOUS SIZE OF BATTERIES FOR NORTH ZONE REGIONS AND PANGANI HYDRO SYSTEMS (not to be opened before 6th June, 2014 at 14.30pm) must be addressed to the SECRETARY, ZONAL TENDER BOARD, P.O. BOX 5048, TANGA, to reach him at North Zone Office, Fifth Floor, Regional Office Building, Swahili/Market Road not later than 6th June, 2014 at 14.30pm local time. Tenders will be opened promptly thereafter in public and in the presence of Tenderers’ representatives who choose to attend in the opening ceremony in the Zonal Conference room located at Fifth floor Room No. 507 at TANESCO North Zone Office, Regional Office Building, Swahili/Market Road - Tanga
8. Late tenders, portion of tenders, electronic tenders, tenders not received, tenders not opened and not read out in public at the tender opening ceremony shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
SENIOR ZONAL MANAGER