INVITATION FOR QUOTATIONS
Date: November, 2014
1. The Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (TANESCO) has set aside funds for the procurement of service provider for transportation of fuel storage tanks and an overhead crane and its associated accessories to Mafia Power Station. It is intended that part of the proceeds of the fund will be used to cover eligible payment under the contract for which this IFQ is issued.
2. You are hereby invited to submit your priced quotation for the provision of the services as described in the Statement of Requirement (SoR) and Prices as detailed in Section II.
3. Invitations for quotation will be conducted through National Competitive Quotations (Shopping) pursuant to Regulation 163 (1) (a) & Seventh Schedule of 2013, G.N.No. 446.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information and/or inspect the Quotation Documents at the office of the Procurement Management Unit located at Ground Floor, Room No. G15, TANESCO Head office, Umeme Park Building, Ubungo, along Morogoro Road, P.O. Box 9024 Dar es Salaam. Telephone/fax (255) 22 2451145/2451160/2452172 from 09:00hrs to 16.30hrs on Mondays to Fridays inclusive with an exception of public holidays.
5. A complete set of Quotation Document(s) in English and additional sets may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address given under paragraph 5 above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of TZS 50,000 or equivalent Payment in any freely convertible currency should either be by Cash, Banker’s Draft, or Banker’s Cheque, payable to TANESCO Ltd, P.O. Box 9024 Dar es Salaam. Quotation documents may be dispatched by courier upon payment of the non-refundable fee. The bidder shall pay courier charges for posting the document. The purchaser shall resume no responsibility for late delivery of quotation documents couriered.
6. All Quotations must be accompanied by securing declaration as per sample form provided in the quotation document.
7. All quotations in one original plus three copies, properly filled in, and enclosed in plain envelopes clearly marked “QUOTATION NO. PA/001/14/HQ/N/065 FOR TRANSPORTATION OF FUEL STORAGE TANKS AND AN OVERHEAD CRANE AND ITS ASSOCIATED ACCESSORIES TO MAFIA POWER STATION (NOT TO BE OPENED BEFORE 14:30 HOURS on 28th November, 2014 should be addressed to the SECRETARY, TANESCO TENDER BOARD, P.O. BOX 9024, DAR ES SALAAM to reach him at Room No. G 15 not later than 14:30 HOURS local time on 28th November, 2014. Quotations will be opened thereafter in Public and in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in the opening at Twiga Board Room located at Ground Floor, TANESCO Head Offices, Umeme Park Building, Morogoro Road – Ubungo.
8. Late quotations, portion of quotations, electronic quotations, quotations not received, quotations not opened at the quotation opening ceremony shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
TANZANIA ELECTRIC SUPPLY COMPANY LIMITED