Background – TANESCO http://www.tanesco.co.tz
The Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzanian people. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity is to be more efficient customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company will, in the coming years invest heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now invites internal and external applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under-mentioned posts at Head Office.
1. APPLICATIONS ARCHITECT AND DEVELOPER– 3 POSTS
Reports to: PRINCIPAL OFFICER - ICT SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT
The Application Architect and Developer owns the detailed Application Architecture Design and/or develops applications as per design specifications. The input for his/her design comes from Principal ICT Systems Developer in larger complex scenarios or directly from the Business and System Analysts in smaller engagements.
· Understand latest application architecture, technology, solutions, and industry trends.
· Meet with the Principal ICT Systems Developer and other Application Architects & Developers to identify and scope the applicative opportunities and identify risks and constraints. Decompose the opportunities into constituent application solutions.
· Document application version and create application architecture proposals based on identified solution gaps.
· Develops applications, implement, provides support (including go-Live) and maintenance of existing business systems, re-engineering of existing business applications, user documentation on new and existing applications and end user training and support on new and existing applications.
· Manage structural systems analysis and Design; build test cases to assist in system to system tests and performance benchmarks for all production releases.
· Harvest intellectual property from solutions that can be developed into best practices or for reuse.
· Map TANESCO’s Business Units terminology with Business Applications in terms of people, process, and application development technology.
· Ensure that solutions leveraging third-party technology complement TANESCO’s strategy and develop breadth skills across application technology areas relevant to TANESCO business areas’ services.
PROFESSIONAL AND INTERPERSONAL DETAILS
Education: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent from a recognized Institution
Experience: At least 2 (two) years in this field
· Proven Experience in Web-based development environments (evidence of accomplishment will be evaluated)
· Experience in Object Oriented Application development is required
· Experience in XML based interface (API) development is an added advantage
· Experience in mobile applications development is an added advantage
· Team player
· Outstanding communication skills – oral, written, and presentation.
· Works well under pressure, change and ambiguity
· Ability to work diligently and independently
· Exhibits high standards of business and personal ethical conduct
· Takes initiative, self-directed
· Follows through and delivers on promises
An attractive compensation package basing on performance and commensurate with responsibilities will apply to the successful candidate.
MANAGER FUEL & LUBRICANTS CONTRACTS - 1POST
Reports to: SENIOR MANAGER THERMAL GENERATION
The Fuel and Lubricants Contracts Manager will primarily be responsible for planning, organizing, leading and controlling the fuel and lubricants ordering and management process, to ensure at all times that TANESCO maintains an optimal stock of fuel and lubricants to Thermal generation plants.
· Establish monthly/quarterly/annual fuel and lubricants requirements for sustainability of both grid connected and off-grid thermal power generation plants. Coordinate and control the ordering and receipt of fuel to ensure optimum levels of inventory are maintained while meeting the generation fuel and lubricant requirements.
· Ensure mechanisms are in place to monitor quality and quantity of fuel supplied to plants as per contracts.
· Ensure suppliers’ claims are correct as per terms and conditions of contract in place and are submitted to Finance Department on a timely basis.
· Follow up and ensure effective use of fuel and lubricants by adhering to company set specific fuel and lubricants consumption.
· Prepare accurate monthly/quarterly/annual fuel and lubricants budgets and reports and timely submission for management decisions and/or actions.
· Schedule and conduct regular Quality of Service Meetings with the Suppliers.
· Ensure that Power Plants are equipped with sound fuel and lubricant handling and quality checks/control facilities.
· Initiate procurement process of required fuels and lubricants, ensuring that the whole process involving responding to bidder’s clarifications, evaluation, contract negotiations of lubricants and fuel (natural gas, gas oil, industrial oil, heavy fuel oil, etc.) contracts is timely and efficiently performed.
· Prepare monthly & annual Natural Gas nominations to gas suppliers.
· Maintain an environment of trust, care and respect built on listening to employees and recognizing their abilities and achievements.
· Demonstrate team leadership and promote a people-oriented leadership culture where employees are valued as individual persons as well as for their professional contributions. Practices and encourages the use of "fair, consistent and explainable" approach to all Human Resource Management issues.
· Manage the performance of subordinates through the Management by Objective concept. This includes the definition of Job Descriptions and Standards of Performance, coaching, counseling and conducting monthly and/or quarterly Progress Reviews and annual Performance Appraisals for each and every employee reporting to him/her.
· Motivate other Staff under him/her to work to the best of their ability as part of the team through open communications, regular meetings, attention to their needs and recognition for individual contributions and team accomplishments.
· Develop strong cooperation and good communication with managers from other departments within TANESCO.
· Manage his/her operations and personnel/customer relations under a strict code of professional behaviour and business ethics.
· Be able to demonstrate and work proactively andself-motivation abilities as well as being result oriented.
· Develop and maintain positive close working relationships with fuel and lubricants suppliers.
· Abide to good Corporate Governance practices while executing functions of the Company.
PROFESSIONAL AND INTERPERSONAL DETAILS
· Education: BSc. Degree in Engineering/Finance/Economics/Materials
Management or Procurement. Masters Degree would be an added advantage.
Experience: At least 3 years working experience in similar assignments;
· Must be conversant with Procurement Standards and Management of Contracts
· At least 3 years Experience in the Field of Fuel and Lubricants in a reputable Government or private Sector.
· Registered with respective Government Authority or legally recognized professional body according to the governing laws of his or her Profession.
· Ability to debate and articulate issues of Fuels and Lubricants.
· Must be Computer literate.
Self-management and personal traits:
· Courage and Conviction – the ability to create a sense of excitement about taking on new challenges and a belief in your capabilities to deliver results.
· Relentless Preparation – preparing thoroughly for all important management decisions.
· Drive for results – a deep seated inner desire to compete against standards of excellence and achieve “step changes” in business results.
· Holding people accountable – the ability to give clear and unambiguous direction to individuals and teams about what they need to do in order to meet the organisations objectives.
· Building capability - developing individuals and groups in order to increase the capability of the whole organisation.
· Compelling Communication – recognising that clear communication is the key to understanding.
· Leading Others – the ability to create a compelling vision of the future and provide inspiration, clarity and direction.
Problem solving / leadership skills:
· Strong development and coaching skills.
· Commercial astute
· Able to manage large and complex contracts
· Oral and Written communication.
An attractive compensation package base on performance and consummate with the responsibility will apply to the successful candidates. All positions terms of employment are performance based fixed contract.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in the position, apply by sending a brief application letter, clearly stating why you should be considered for the position and how you will add value. With the letter, concise curriculum vitae with three referees should be enclosed showing briefly your achievement /accomplishments for you to deserve to be considered for the position.
If you do not hear from us, consider your application unsuccessful
Phone call soliciting by applicants will automatically lead to disqualifications.
All applications should be submitted to the address below not later than fourteen (14) days after the initial advertisement.
SENIOR MANAGER HUMAN RESOURCES,
TANESCO LTD UMEME PARK,
UBUNGO P. O BOX 9024
DAR ES SALAAM