Starting 09th June, 2015
Background – TANESCO http://www.tanesco.co.tz
Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzanians. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity is to be more efficient, customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company is investing heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under-mentioned posts at Mara Region.
Specific attributes for the Positions to be filled:
All Candidates must:
v Demonstrate impeccable performance track record.
v Demonstrate highest degree of integrity.
v Possess good communication skills.
v Be self-driven and capable of working and interpersonal with minimal supervision.
v Possess relevant computer knowledge and Skills.
v Be capable of delivering excellent results while working under pressure with tight deadlines.
1. REVENUE PROTECTION ENGINEER (1 POST)
To establish and maintain an effective customer service and marketing of electricity in a branch.
· Promote an effective proper marketing of electricity in the branch in order to ensure connections to supply new customers are within one month from service line date payment.
· Monitors and supervises all installation of energy meters in the branch in order to ensure that meters are installed in conformity with engineering instruction.
· Prepares estimates for all distribution line projects in the branch and oversee that all service line estimates are correct as per engineering instruction in order to ensure company does not undergo financial loss.
· Monitors, controls and ensures that all reported emergency breakdowns (TB’s) are attended within 6 hours in order to improve customer service and reliability of power supply to customers.
· Identifies areas of poor quality of power supply and make plans of improvement to ensure that customers are supplied with quality of power supply.
· Identifies new area to be electrified to ensure the branch customer base is expanded.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
- Registered Engineer by ERB (T)
- Experience :Fresh graduate from recognized university or above
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS:
Competitive remuneration package shall be offered commensurate with skills and experience.
Details will be discussed at the interview; only people who fit the above criteria need apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants should send a written application giving full details of previous work life history, qualifications and include two work references. Applications should be marked “Private and confidential” and addressed to:
P. O. Box 200 Mara, Tanzania.