KENYA-TANZANIA POWER INTERCONNECTION PROJECT (KTPIP)
Tanzania Electric Supply Co. Ltd
‘‘We light up your life’’
Financing Agreement Ref: AFD (2100150032845); JICA (TA-T13)
Project ID No. AFD (PZ1-FAO-052; JICA (TA-P13)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Under Tender No. PA/001/2016-17/HQ/C/16
Consultancy Services for
Feasibility study for Distribution Master Plan for Mbeya, Arusha, Mwanza and Dodoma
The Government of United Republic of Tanzania (GoT) has received financing from the African Development Bank and Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) towards the cost of the Kenya – Tanzania Power Interconnector Project (KTPIP), and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this loan to payments under the contract for Distribution Plan Study (DMPS Master).
Background of the Project
One of the priorities in the National Strategy on development of power sector in Tanzania is the electrification of the urban and rural areas where most of the consumers are forced to use wood fuel as source of energy. The Government of United Republic of Tanzania (GoT) is making every effort to reduce the wood fuel consumption which leads to the huge amount of CO2 emission. In this strategy, reliable and cheap energy/electricity supply is one of the major targets and Distribution Master Plan Study (DMPS) will help to address the expansion and rehabilitation of distribution networks so as to achieve this goal.
Through implementation of the said study Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (TANESCO) will be able to extend, operate and maintain the network in an efficient manner (reduce power losses and foster cost effectiveness in distribution up to the final customer), increase revenue collection, improve safety in operations, and increase of customer base.
The scope of the consulting services shall include, but not limited to the following:
- Review the status of the existing infrastructure of generation, transmission and distribution of Mbeya, Arusha, Mwanza, Dodoma and its neighboring networks to establish its capability for power distribution to customers.
- Carry out load forecasting for short term (5 years), medium term(10 years) and long term (20 years)
- Prepare recommendation for expansion and rehabilitation of the existing generation, transmission and distribution networks in the respective regions to accommodate the demand growth incorporating the future development program in all aspects
- Conduct Strategic Environmental and Social Assessment (SESA) study according to Environmental Management Act, CAP 191 of 2004 and the Strategic Environmental Assessment Regulations of 2008.
- Produce Distribution Planning Manual: The power Distribution planning manual will include the method of demand forecasting, method of Distribution line load profile analysis and database development, method of cost estimate, documentation method of system planning and criteria for power distribution expansion and prioritization in the respective regions.
- Capacity Building for relevant local counterpart personnel on new technics in Master Plan Study for distribution network
The Study is expected to be implemented in 12 Months from the contract commencement date.
The Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) Ltd now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, company profile and financial status, etc.).
Competence and Experience
· General Experience of Consultant in distribution systems studies not less than Ten (10) years,
· The Consultant shall have an extensive experience in management of distribution project
· Technical and Managerial Organization of the Firm
· Experience of the Consultant in sub-Saharan Africa
Consultants may constitute joint-ventures to enhance their chances of qualification.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Rules and Procedures for the use of Consultants” dated May 2008 Edition, revised July 2012, which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality- and Cost-Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the above indicated Rules and Procedures for the use of Consultants. Borrowers are under no obligation to shortlist any consultant who expresses interest.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the addresses below during office hours from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. East Africa Local Time:
Attn: Mr. Khalid R. James
Joint Project Coordinator (JPC)
Kenya-Tanzania Power Interconnection Project Office
TANESCO HQ-Ubungo Plaza Building, Ubungo-Morogoro Road, 1st Floor,
P.O. Box 9024 Dar Es Salaam, TANZANIA,
Tel: +255 736 50 16 49
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by 17th October 2016 at or before 10:00 a.m. East Africa Local Time and mention “Expressions of Interest for Provision of Consultancy Services on Feasibility study for Distribution Master Plan for Mbeya, Arusha, Mwanza and Dodoma Regions.
Procurement Management Unit (PMU)-Tanzania Electric Supply Company Ltd,
Attn. Jasson Katule -Secretary, TANESCO Tender Board,
UMEME Park Building, Ubungo-Morogoro Road,
Ground Floor, Room No.G.15,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
TANZANIA ELECTRIC SUPPLY COMPANY LTD