Background – TANESCO http://www.tanesco.co.tz
The Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzanian people. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity is to be more efficient customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company will, in the coming years invest heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now invites internal and external applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under-mentioned posts at Head Office.
HYDROLOGIST/WATER RESOURCES ENGINEER (HYDRO GENERATION)
Reports to: MANAGER HYDRO GENERATION
Responsible for operational hydrology and water resources activities and proper maintenance of civil works within the existing hydro plants including safety of dams.
· Undertake collection, processing and analysis of hydrological data for the Company’s existing hydro power installations.
· Monitoring daily water data and generation statistics from hydro plants and advice on any abnormality as far as optimum use of water for power generation is concerned.
· Undertake/Perform monthly and quarterly hydrological forecasting for relevant rivers to ensure optimum usage of major reservoir for achieving economical power generation.
· In collaboration with other relevant departments assist in devising appropriate water management strategies and policies for the efficient operation of the Company’s hydro plants to ensure company goals and objectives are achieved and exceeded.
· Coordinate and set up maintenance rules and policy for all dam facilities. The rules include safety rules, patrol and inspection and handling procedures of dam related reports.
· Ensure adequate maintenance of civil works infrastructures within hydro plants and carry out monitoring and evaluation on the performance of civil structures for economic and safe operation of plants.
· In close liaison with Water basin offices ensure sufficient availability of water for power generation.
· In collaboration with other company departments carry out sediment mapping on the existing reservoirs and ponds and recommend necessary interventions for efficient operation of plants.
· Review various study reports carried out on behalf of the company by external consultants and ensure that they conform to acceptable standards.
· Providing technical guidance and mentoring of staff.
PROFESSIONAL AND INTERPERSONAL DETAILS
· Good Bachelor degree in Water Resources Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized Institution.
· At least five years of working experience in Water Resources field
· Registered with relevant engineering professional bodies
Self-management and personal traits:
· At least 5 years working experience in similar assignments
· Advanced Computer skills
· Resilience, Decisiveness and Resourcefulness
· Excellent Communication skills – oral, written and presentation skills
· Self motivated
· High level of Interpersonal skills
An attractive compensation package based on performance and commensurate with the responsibility will apply to successful candidates. All positions and terms of employment are performance based fixed contract.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in the positions, apply by sending a brief application letter, clearly stating why you should be considered for the position and how you will add value. With the letter, concise curriculum vitae should be enclosed showing briefly your achievement /accomplishments for you to deserve to be considered for the position. If you do not here from us consider yourself unsuccessful.
Phone calls soliciting for these positions by applicants will automatically lead to disqualifications.
All applications should be submitted to the address below not later than fourteen days after the initial advertisement
SENIOR MANAGER HUMAN RESOURCES,
TANESCO LTD UMEME PARK UBUNGO
P. O BOX 9024
DAR ES SALAAM