Background – TANESCO http://www.tanesco.co.tz
Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzania people. The Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzanian people. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity is to be more efficient customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company will, in the coming years invest heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now invites internal and external applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under-mentioned posts currently existing in TUNDURU DISTRICT- RUVUMA
Specific attributes for the Positions to be filled:
Self-Management and Personal traits:
· Self-motivated and hard working
· Honesty and Trustworthy
· Excellent communication skills(Good written & spoken English and Swahili are must)
· Creative, innovative, team working and skill sharing.
· Flexible and Initiative
· Good language to customers and fellow Staffs
MECHANICAL - TECHNICIAN (STATION SUPERVISOR)
Reporting Office: District Office (Tunduru)
Reports To: District Manager
Responsible for heading Thermal Power Station to ensure that the Power Station is always available and operated to give optimum generation capacity.
- To ensure that generation machines are operating at maximum efficiency and in good condition through operating switching and maintenance.
- To ensure that there is good utilization of available fuel to generate/produce optimum Power from the Power Station.
- To ensure safe operation of the plant, safety of personnel, properties and proper control of power supply feeders emanating from the Power Station.
- To monitor the stock of necessary spares at stores, receive fuels at correct quantities, monitor the consumption of fuels and lubricants.
- To ensure that you timely prepare Annual Budgets of Power Station and that the given Budgets are well utilized to operate the plant effectively and efficiently.
- To prepare daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports correctly and ensure that the reports are delivered to their required destinations timely.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Holder of FTC or Ordinary Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from recognized institution.
· At least 2 years working experience.
· REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
An attractive compensation package based on performance and commensurate with the responsibilities will apply to the successful candidates.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in the positions apply by sending a brief application letter, clearly stating why you should be considered for the position and how you will add value. With the letter, certificates, concise curriculum vitae should be enclosed showing briefly your achievement/accomplishments for you to deserve to be considered for the position.
Phone calls soliciting for this position by applicants will automatically lead to disqualifications.
Application by mail and address should reach the under mentioned not later than 14 days after initial appearance of this advert.( initial advertisement 8.10.2014)
THE ZONAL MANAGER
TANESCO - LIMITED
P.0.BOX 779 MBEYA