Background – TANESCO http://www.tanesco.com
Background – TANESCO http://www.tanesco.co.tz
Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzanians. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity is to be more efficient customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company is investingheavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under-mentioned posts in the Business Unit of Distribution and Customer Services(Finance): at Mwanza Region.
Specific attributes for the positions to be filled:
v Demonstrate impeccable performance track record,
v Demonstrate highest degree of integrity,
v Possess good communication and interpersonal skills;
v Be self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision;
v Be capable of delivering excellent results while working under pressure with tight deadlines;
STORES ASSISTANT- (1 POST)
To ensure that materials are well procured, stored and issued according to procedures.
- Responsible for processing and consolidating supplies data.
- To prepare and consolidate stores report for submission to head of section.
- Receiving and recording all incoming store materials from supplier and ensure that the quality and quantity correspond with the required standards according to the company policy and procedures.
- To make sure all materials are kept in safe place.
- Responsible for producing report on stock status in a scheduled time so as to make sure the stores do not go empty.
- Issue materials by insuring the quantity and material issued corresponds with the approved store issuing voucher.
- Posting of receiving and issuing voucher to ensure stock balance corresponds with received/issued items.
- Key in materials in iSCALA system to ensure correct data control.
MAXIMUM REQUIREMENTS ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPIRENCE
- Form IV/VI and Maximum holder of Ordinary Diploma in Materials Management or equivalent.
CIVIL TECHNICIAN- MWANZA
The incumbent will be responsible for assisting in all transmission and Civil activities by administering all operations in regard to Transmission lines , Civil works in the Region and Grid Substations proper maintenance, repair and rehabilitation in order to reduce losses and have standard civil works, power quality and reliability.
· Assist in preparation of working drawings, bill of quantities, specifications for transmission and civil works departmental budget, monitor and control expenditure to agreed levels on your part.
· Supervise Transmission lines crews when making lines inspection to ensure that they produce lines maintenance requirements report to Transmission lines Engineer for further action.
· Keep an inventory of all working tools, equipments and tower members’ components, maintain a register book to ensure that are under a proper control and kept in safe custody.
· Responsible for taking/signing work permit to ensure that the highest safe standards are observed and maintained at all the times in order to preserve life and property
· Supervise works and crews so that they carry out day to day planned, preventive and breakdown maintenance to Transmission lines, to ensure they achieve objectives, and targets in a most effective utilization of resources and continuously focus on improvement and maintenance of excellent customer care and five ‘S’
· Assist in Supervising construction, Installation, testing and commissioning of new transmission works and ensure company regulation is followed.
· Assist in performing periodic preventive maintenance on transmission network to ensure that the transmission lines way leave is cleared and passable throughout the year
· Be acquainted with all safety rules and regulations and ensure that you and all other employees observed them. Also ensure that all employees are provided with necessary equipments, safety gears and use them.
· Assist in preparation of daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and ensure that they are always submitted on time.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Maximum holder of Diploma in Civil Engineering (NTA) or Equivalent from recognized Institute.
ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN (2 POSTS)
To ensure that all scheduled activities related to construction and maintenance of electrical distribution systems are carried out effectively and efficiently in order to ensure that customers are receiving reliable power supply.
· To construct and maintain distribution lines network in accordance with the company procedures and standards
· To assist supervisor/engineer in preparing short & long term plans construction/maintenance schedules for expansion of distribution
· To closely monitor load growth on secondary sub-station through periodic measurement
· To conduct routine inspection of distribution lines
· To maintain all equipments and working tools under his/her jurisdiction
· To render technical support to mains Foremen such that all construction and maintenance works are conveniently done in accordance with company’s standards and instructions.
· Prepare weekly, monthly and annually report for record keeping, future references and submit to mains engineer within agreed time.
- Maximum holder of FTC or Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
SYSTEM OPERATOR (1POST)
Grid System monitoring to ensure that a continuous and reliable flow of electric power supply from generating plants to various places of grid destination and distribution points are maintained.
· Collect all necessary initial technical data in the daily log sheets and defect register book.
· Issue permits to work, limitation of access, sanction of test after proper Isolation of equipment at switch yard before people start working to ensure highest safety standards are observed and maintained all the times in order to preserve life and property.
· Maintain close liaison with Grid Control centre (SCADA), Generating plants stations and other grid substation Operators to ensure smooth restoration of power supply in case of System power failure.
· Report a day recorded shift events to System control Supervisor to ensure the higher authority get informed for record and action.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Form IV/VI
- Maximum holder of FTC or Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
An attractive compensation package based on performance and consummate with the responsibility will apply to the successful candidates. All positions terms of employment are performance based fixed contract.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a written application giving full details of previous work life history, qualifications and include two work references. Application closing date: 28th October, 2014. Applications should be marked “Private and confidential” and addressed to:
P. O BOX 8,