Background – TANESCO http://www.tanesco.co.tz
Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzanians. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity is to be more efficient, customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company is investing heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under-mentioned posts.
Specific attributes for the Positions to be filled:
All Candidates must:
v Demonstrate impeccable performance track record.
v Demonstrate highest degree of integrity.
v Possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
v Be self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision.
v Be capable of delivering excellent results while working under pressure with tight deadlines.
v Possess knowledge and competency in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) application.
v Professional skills in distribution management system.
v Electrical power Networking and load flow.
v Real time systems.
v Energy Management systems software and automation.
v Problem solving skills.
1. MAINTENANCE ENGINEERS (2 POSTS)
Implements construction and maintenance of distribution networks as per regional plans in order to meet set targets
- Implements distribution system maintenance plans and supervises all maintenance works to ensure power reliability and distribution losses reduction.
- Implements maintenance of distribution substations to ensure reliability of supply.
- Proposes preventive maintenance plans to improve distribution system performance.
- Monitors and controls the activities of members of section to ensure the most effective utilization of resources.
- Any other official duties as may be assigned by the Principal or Senior engineer.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering.
· Registered Engineer by ERB (T).
· Fresh graduate from recognized university or above.
2. CONSTRUCTION ENGINEER (1 POST)
To establish and maintain an effective customer service and marketing of electricity in a branch.
- Implements and supervises construction of approved distribution lines extension to ensure that more customers are connected as per targets.
· Promotes an effective proper marketing of electricity in the branch in order to ensure connections to supply new customers are within one month from service line date payment.
· Monitors and supervises all installation of energy meters in the branch in order to ensure that meters are installed in conformity with engineering instruction.
· Prepares estimates for all distribution line projects in the branch and oversee that all service line estimates are correct as per engineering instruction in order to ensure company does not undergo financial loss.
· Monitors control and ensure that all reported emergency breakdowns (TB’s) are attended within 6 hours in order to improve customer service and reliability of power supply to customers.
· Identifies areas of poor quality of power supply and make plans of improvement to ensure that customers are supplied with quality of power supply.
· Any other official duties as may be assigned by the Principal or Senior Engineer.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Registered Engineer by ERB (T).
- Fresh graduate from recognized university or above.
Remuneration and Benefits:
Competitive remuneration package shall be offered commensurate with skills and experience.
Details will be discussed at the interview; only people who fit the above criteria need apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants should send a written application giving full details of previous work life history, qualifications and include two work references. Application closing date: 3rd November 2014.
Applications should be marked “Private and confidential” and addressed to:
Senior Zonal Manager Lake Zone,
TANESCO Ltd ,
P. O. Box 812 Mwanza, Tanzania.