TENDER NO. PA/001/13/CZN/W/013 FOR SUPPLY AND INSTALLATION OF NEW FIRE
ALARM SYSTEM TO REPLACE THE OLD ONE AT MTERA HYDROPOWER PLANT
Invitation for Tenders
Date: February, 2014
1. The Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited has set aside funds for Supply and Installation of New Fire Alarm System to Replace the Old One at Mtera Hydropower Plant.
2. The Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited now invites sealed tenders from eligible National Contractors for execution and completion of Supply and Installation of New Fire Alarm System to Replace the Old One at Mtera Hydropower Plant.
3. Bidding will be conducted through the restricted method of procurement procedures specified in the Public Procurement (Goods, Works, Non Consultant Service and Disposal of Public Assets by Tender) Regulations, 2005 – Government Notice No. 97.
4. Bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the Bidding Documents at the office of the Zonal Procurement Specialist located at fourth floor, TANESCO Central Zone Office, TANESCO Building, Along Dar es Salaam Road, P.O. Box 49, Dodoma, from 09:00hrs to 16.30hrs on Mondays to Fridays inclusive except on public holidays.
5. All bids must be accompanied by a bid Securing Declaration in the format provided in the Bidding documents.
6. A complete set of application document may be purchased by interested applicants on submission of a written application to the address below upon payment of non refundable fee of TZS: 50,000.00 or equivalent amount in freely convertible currency. The method of payment will be by cash, banker’s cheque or bank draft payable to TANESCO Ltd, P.O. Box 49 Dodoma.:-Managing Director, Attn: Secretary TANESCO Delegated Zonal Tender Board-Central, Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited, P.O. Box 49, Dodoma, Tanzania;
7. The bidders shall visit the site to acquaint themselves with the surroundings and obtain all information that may be necessary for preparing the tender and entering into a contract. The costs of visiting the Site shall be at the bidder’s own expense. Bidders should contact the respective Plant Manager for site visit arrangements (site visit certificate will be mandatory criteria).
8. Bid in a PLAIN SEALED envelope clearly marked Tender No. PA/001/13/CZN/W/013 FOR SUPPLY AND INSTALLATION OF NEW FIRE ALARM SYSTEM TO REPLACE THE OLD ONE AT MTERA HYDROPOWER PLANT (Do not open before 14.30 hours on 7th March, 2014 should be addressed to THE SECRETARY – ZONAL TENDER BOARD, TANESCO, P.O. BOX 49, Dodoma to reach him at Fourth floor, not later than 7th March, 2014
9. Tenders will be opened thereafter in public and in the presence of Tenderers’ representatives who choose to attend the opening ceremony at the Zonal Office Conference Room located at the TANESCO Building - Dodoma, Fourth floor, P.O Box 49 – Dodoma Tanzania.
10. Electronic submissions will not be accepted. Tenders not received and not opened during public Tender opening ceremony shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
SENIOR MANAGER - CENTRAL ZONE