Open Position: Nurse Midwife
Reporting Office: Kihansi Hydro Power Plant
Reports To: Nurse Officer – Kihansi Hydro Power Plant
The Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) has recently been reorganized. Under new management, TANESCO will now focus on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzania people. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity and to be more efficient customers focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company will, in the coming years invest heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now invites a proactive, self-motivated, trustworthy, hardworking and committed individual to fill the under-mentioned position at HYDROPLANTS.
NURSE MIDWIFE - KIHANSI HYDRO PLANT - 1 POST
Responsible for the provision of high quality health services to staff, dependants and community at large at Kihansi Dispensary.
· Provide reproductive child health services. Also nursing patients and taking records of patient’s vital signs
· Administer medicines and drugs as prescribed by Clinical Officer and inform clinical officer whether over doses are prescribed.
· Provide community health education and sensitization on HIV/AIDS and individual health education to patients pertaining to their pathological significance.
· Also maintain the confidentiality of every individual case handled at dispensary.
· Provide vaccinations and first aid services to injured patients and maintain up to date inventory of all dispensary facilities and report in case of damage.
· Order, receive, store and dispense drugs and other pharmaceuticals and supervise dispensary cleanness and sterilize dispensary equipments.
· Assist Clinical Officer with examination and treatments of diseases
· Compiling weekly and monthly reports needed by DMO and Welfare Officer/Human Resources Officer.
· Provide professional care for patients, recovery, physical and well being.
· Perform other related duties as directed by the supervisor.
Self-management and personal traits:
· Strong customer care and hospitality.
· Self motivated.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills i.e. English and Swahili.
· Creative, innovative and team working spirit.
· High level of interpersonal skills.
· Ability to meet constant deadlines.
· Must be computer literate
· Form IV/VI Education with Diploma in Nursing.
· At least two years (2) working experience in dispensary, Health Centre or Hospital.
Remuneration and benefits
An attractive package shall be offered commensurate with the skills and experience. Only people who fit the above criteria need apply.
Applicants should send written applications giving full details of previous work life history and work achievements and his/her commitment to work Kihansi Hydro Power Plant, attach academic Certificates, and CV include two work references. Applications should be addressed to:
Kihansi Hydro Power Plant,
PO Box 77, Mlimba, Kilombero, Morogoro
Application closing date: 23.02.2014