Background – TANESCO http://www.tanesco.com
Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzanians. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity is to be more efficient, customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company is investing heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital.
TANESCO now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under mentioned position at Namtumbo- Ruvuma Region.
Specific attributes for the Position to be filled:
A candidate must:
v Demonstrate impeccable performance track record;
v Demonstrate highest degree of integrity;
v Possess good communication and interpersonal skills;
v Be self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision;
v Be capable of delivering good results and be able to work under pressure with tight deadlines;
v Problem solving skills.
v Be flexible and able to work outside normal hours including weekends and holidays.
- Prioritizes work and uses time efficiently
- Plans ahead to ensure that resources are available in time
- Ability to meet constant deadlines
ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN, 1 POST
To ensure that all scheduled activities related to construction and maintenance of electrical distribution systems are carried out effectively and efficiently
· to construct and maintain distribution lines network in accordance with the company procedures and standards
· to assist supervisor/engineer in preparing short & long term plans construction/maintenance schedules for expansion of distribution
· to closely monitor load growth on secondary sub-station through periodic measurement
· to conduct routine inspection of distribution lines
· To render technical support to mains Foremen such that all construction and maintenance works are conveniently done in accordance with company’s standards and instructions.
· Prepare weekly, monthly and annual report for record and future references and submission of the same to Mains Engineer within agreed time.
Self-management and personal traits:
- Good team player
- Good communication skills and computer literacy (Good written & spoken English and Kiswahili are a must).
- Holder of FTC or Ordinary Diploma in electrical Engineering.
· At least one year experience in the field.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applicants should send a written application letter and a detailed CV including two referees.
- Applications should be addressed to:-
Senior Zonal Manager,
P.O.Box 779, Mbeya,
v Applicants must write their phone numbers for easy accessibility/effective communication.
v All Applicants who will not be called for an interview should consider themselves unsuccessful.
v Deadline to receive applications is 14 days from the first appearance of this advertisement.