Open Position: Electrical Technician (6 Posts)
Reporting Office: TANESCO - Arusha and its districts
Reports To: Emergency Engineer/ District Managers
Background - TANESCO http://www.tanesco.co.tz
Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzanians. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity is to be more efficient, customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company is investing heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now invites applicants from amongst Tanzania nationals who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under-mentioned posts in Arusha, Monduli, Loliondo,Longido, and Mererani.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT - ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN (6 POSTS)
Responsible for the execution of all electrical maintenance works/activities in the Region and 132/33kv Substations, with objective of ensuring smooth operational of power generating equipments.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
· Execute properly preventive maintenance of electrical equipment in a planned time to ensure emergence break downs are avoided.
· Respond promptly to emergence calls during emergence break downs to ensure restoration of fault equipment within minimum time possible.
· Observe safety regulations and working procedures to ensure no accidents to people and equipment.
· Keep maintenance records, equipment status updating and submit work reports after repairs or preventive maintenances.
· Carry out Installation and testing of electrical equipment.
· To maintain all equipments and working tools under your jurisdiction.
Key Knowledge, Experience and Skills you must posses
· Holder of FTC or Ordinary Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
· Minimum of 2 - 3 years of related experience
· Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
Self-management and personal traits:
· Self motivated.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Creative, innovative and team working skills.
· High level of interpersonal skills.
An attractive compensation package base on performance and commensurate with the responsibility will apply to the successful candidates.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in the position, apply by sending a brief application letter, clearly stating why you should be considered for the position and how you will add value. With the letter, concise curriculum vitae should be enclosed showing briefly your work experience and for the position as well as work referees. Electronic applications are accepted.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 14 days after initial appearance of this advert.
P. O BOX 57
Application closing date: Two weeks from the first appearance: 17.07.2014