Background – TANESCO http://www.tanesco.co.tz
Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzanians. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity is to be more efficient, customer focused utility in Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company is investing heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now invite applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under-mentioned posts, who will assist the Organization in Record Management under the Procurement Management Unit.
Specific attributes for the Positions to be filled:
All Candidates must:
v Demonstrate impeccable performance track record;
v Demonstrate highest degree of integrity;
v Possess good communication and interpersonal skills;
v Be self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision;
v Be capable of delivering excellent results while working under pressure with tight deadlines;
v Be computer literate.
RECORDS MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT (5 POSTS)
To ensure that Record Management function under PMU is coordinated in a professional manner that will result in achieving set targets under PMU.
· Monitor and manage documents and files movement; prepare file index and other facilities in order to simplify the availability of the documents.
· Apply and ensure compliance to the Law regarding Record and archiving.
· Be custodian of files and documents (confidential & open), and ensure tender files are in good and orderly manner as required.
· Prepare and update checklist for tender files in order to comply with PPRA guidelines.
· Assist the Principal Procurement Officer - Monitoring & Compliance on all matters pertaining to Records Management.
· Carry out various Records Management Projects as per Annual Procurement Plan.
· Implement and manage the Procurement systems i.e. TANESCO Procurement System (TAProS) and Procurement Management Information System (PMIS) monitored by Public Procurement Regulatory Authority.
· Prepare reports from PMIS on time.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Ordinary Diploma in Records Management from Tanzanian reputable institutions;
· Three (3) years’ experience in Record Management functions.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in the position, apply by sending an application letter, clearly stating why you should be considered for the position and how you will add value. With the letter, concise curriculum vitae should be enclosed with relevant certificates. Deadline for application is 22nd September, 2014.
Applications should be addressed to:
SENIOR MANAGER HUMAN RESOURCES,
TANESCO LTD UMEME PARK,
UBUNGO P. O BOX 9024
DAR ES SALAAM