Invitation for Tenders (IFT)
Date: September, 2014
- This procurement follows a General Procurement Notice which appeared in the news paper on 03rd January, 2014; Tender No.PA/001/2014/SZN/G/13 for Supply of Staff Uniforms for South West Highlands Zone.
- The Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited has set aside funds for its operations during the financial year 2014. It is intended that part of the proceeds of the funds will be used to cover eligible payment under the contract for Supply of staff uniforms for South West Highlands Zone regions of Mbeya, Iringa, Rukwa, Ruvuma and Kihansi Hydro Power Plant.
3. The Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for supply of staff uniforms.
4. Tendering will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding procedures specified in the Public Procurement Regulations, 2013 – Government Notice No. 446 and is open to all Tenderers as defined in the Regulations.
5. The scope of work will involve supply of staff uniforms categorized under individual lots. Bidders are free to bid for any lot or combination of lots and award will be per lot. Each lot shall be submitted in a separate envelope and contracts shall be awarded to successful bidders whose bids will be found the lowest evaluated for individual lot. The lots and respective description includes:-
LOT 1: OVERCOATS, LOT 2: TROUSERS AND JACKETS LOT 3: OVERALLS, LOT 4: KAUNDA AND FULL SUITS LOT 5: SKIRT, BLOUSE, COAT/SCARF/TIE, SWEATERS, AND GOWNS LOT 6: LADIES AND GENTS ORDINARY LEATHER SHOES LOT 7: LADIES AND GENTS INDUSTRIAL LEATHER BOOTS, LOT 8: RAIN COATS
6. Interested eligible Tenderers may obtain further information from and inspect the Tendering Documents at the office of Secretary, Delegated Zonal Tender Board located at First floor, TANESCO Zonal office, NIC Building, Karume Avenue, P.O. Box 779, Mbeya. Telephone/fax + 025-2503080/2503076 from 09:00hrs to 16.30hrs on Mondays to Fridays inclusive except on public holidays.
7. A complete set of Tendering Document(s) in English and additional sets may be purchased by interested Tenderers on the submission of a written application to the address given under paragraph 6 above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of TZS: 50,000/= or equivalent. Payment should either be by Cash, Banker’s Draft, or Banker’s Cheque, payable to TANESCO Ltd. P.O. Box 9024 Dar es Salaam.
8. All tenders must be accompanied by a Tender securing declaration in the format provided in the tendering documents.
9. All tenders in one original plus three (3) copies, properly filled in, and enclosed in plain envelopes marked TENDER NO. PA/001/2014/SZN/G/13 FOR SUPPLY OF STAFF UNIFORMS FOR SOUTH WEST HIGHLANDS ZONE REGIONS OF MBEYA, IRINGA, RUKWA, RUVUMA AND KIHANSI HYDRO POWER PLANT (NOT TO BE OPENED BEFORE 16TH OCTOBER, 2014 at 14.30pm) must be addressed to the SECRETARY, DELEGATED ZONAL TENDER BOARD, P.O. BOX 779, MBEYA, to reach them at TANESCO Zonal Office, First Floor, NIC Building, Karume Avenue, not later than 16th October, 2014 at 14.30pm local time. Tenders will be opened promptly thereafter in public and in the presence of Tenderers’ representatives who choose to attend the opening in the Conference room located at First floor at TANESCO Zonal Conference room Office, NIC Building, Karume Avenue, Mbeya.
10. Late Tenders, Portion of Tenders, Electronic Tenders, Tenders not received,
Tenders not opened and not read out in public at the tender opening ceremony
Shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
SENIOR ZONAL MANAGER
TANESCO SOUTH WEST HIGHLANDS ZONE