Background – TANESCO http://www.tanesco.co.tz
Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzanian people. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity is to be more efficient customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company will, in the coming years invest heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now invites applicants from serious, self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under-mentioned post at Kihansi Hydro Power Plant.
Specific attributes for the Position to be filled
The candidate must:
v Demonstrate highest degree of integrity
v Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
v Be self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision
v Problem solving skills.
v Be flexible and able to work outside normal hours including weekends and holidays.
- Prioritizes work and uses time efficiently
- Plans ahead to ensure that resources are available in time
- Ability to meet constant deadlines
LIGHT CURRENT TECHNICIAN (2 POSTS)
REPORTS TO: ELECTRICAL ENGINEER – KIHANSI
Responsible for execution of all planed maintenance works of Telecommunication systems in plants, grid, distribution substations and offices, with the objective of ensuring smooth operational communication within the plant.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist in inspecting and testing of electronic and communication system to ascertain their condition and operation status.
· Plan, organize and supervise the maintenance and repair work on the relevant existing company infrastructure and/or equipment in accordance with the laid down procedures.
· Participate in the execution of maintenance works in a planned time to ensure emergence breakdown are avoided.
· Preparation of working drawings and specification of new works to be undertaken by Engineer.
· Keep maintenance records, equipment status updating and observe reporting system to ensure a good data base and communication system.
· To supervise construction installation, testing and commissioning of new company works in accordance with approved plans and company regulations/Standards
· Responsible for safety of personnel and security of equipment, tools and vehicles under him/her to ensure that the Company’s safety rules are observed at all times, and an up to date register of safety equipment tools and testing equipments should be maintained.
- Ordinary Diploma in Electronics Engineering/FTC Certificate from a recognized institution.
- Transcript or Examination Result not accepted.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of related work experience
- Must be computer literate.
CIVIL TECHNICIAN (1POST)
REPORTS TO: CIVIL ENGINEER – KIHANSI
To ensure that all scheduled activities related to civil works at the plant are carried out effectively and efficiently.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare weekly maintenance Schedules and depict them on notice board for subordinates to realize the work to be executed daily.
· Ensure preventive maintenance of all civil structures is executed as per schedule and that emergency breakdowns are attended timely.
· Make sure that maintenance record sheets are filled daily after execution of maintenance (both PM & Emergency breakdowns) works.
· Ensure availability of adequate tools for civil maintenance.
· Initiate RTPs and SIVs for regular needs of materials and spare parts. Also you will be responsible to initiate appropriate works orders (CWOs and R& M) as per approved budgets and forward them for approval and authorization. .
· Ensure high standards of cleanliness and good appearance of all plant buildings,
i.e all plant offices, power houses, staff houses and other related surroundings.
· Observe safety regulations when carrying out maintenance duties so as to avoid injuries or fatal accidents.
- Holder of FTC or Ordinary Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized
- Minimum of 1-2 years of related experience
- Computer literacy
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
v Applicants must write their phone numbers for effective communication.
v All Applicants who will not be called for an interview should consider themselves unsuccessful.
Applications from interested Tanzanian Nationals should reach the undersigned not later than 14 days after initial appearance of this advert.
KIHANSI HYDRO POWER PLANT,
P. O BOX 77
Application closing date: Two weeks from the first appearance
First Appearance: 21/08/2014