Invitation for Quotations
Date: August, 2014
1. This Invitation follows the General Procurement Notice for this Projects which appeared in Daily News of Friday, 3rd January, 2014.
2. The Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited has set aside funds for its operations during financial year 2014. It is intended that part of the fund will be used to cover eligible payment under the contract for which this invitation for Competitive Quotation as listed hereunder:-
i) Quotation No. PA/001/14/CZN/G/06 for Supply of Turbine Spare Parts for Kidatu Hydropower Plant.
ii) Quotation No. PA/001/14/CZN/G/05 for Supply of Thodolite for survey in Dodoma.
iii) Quotation No. PA/001/2014/CZN/G/01 for Supply and Installation of Radio base, VHF Radio and other accessories at Mtera Hydropower Plant.
iv) Quotation No. PA/001/14/CZN/G/07 for Supply of TV`s, Music System, DVD Players and Satellite Dish Central Zone ;
· Lot no. 1 – Music System,
· Lot no. 2 – Satellite Dish,
· Lot no 3 - TV`s.
v) Quotation No. PA/001/14/CZN/W/03 for Civil Works and other Repair Works at Mtera Hydropower Plant;
· Lot no. 1 - Repair of One Mabatini House at Mtera Hydropower Plant.
· Lot no. 4 - Major Repair to Staff Houses at Mtera Hydropower Plant.
· Lot no. 5 - Repairs to Rest House Wing `B` at Mtera Hydropower Plant.
· Lot no. 6 - Improvement/Repairs to recreation facilities at Mtera Hydropower Plant
3. The Tanzania Electric Supply Company now invites sealed Quotation from eligible Manufactures, Contractors and Suppliers.
4. Tendering will be conducted through the National Competitive procedures specified in the Public Procurement Act no. 7, 2011 and the Public Procurement Regulations, GN. No. 446, 2013 published on 20th December, 2013 and are open to all bidders as defined in the regulations.
5. Interested and eligible Bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the Quotation Documents at the office of Secretary, TANESCO Zonal Tender Board – Central Zone, P.O. BOX 49, Dodoma at Fourth Floor, TANESCO Building, Zonal Office.
6. A complete set of application document may be purchased by interested applicants on submission of a written application to the address below upon payment of non refundable fee of TZS 50,000.00 or equivalent amount in freely convertible currency. The method of payment will be by cash, banker`s cheque or bank draft payable to TANESCO Ltd, P. O. Box 49, Dodoma;- Managing Director, Attn: Secretary Delegated Zonal Tender Board-Central, TANESCO, P. O. Box 49, Dodoma, Tanzania.
7. All Quotations must be accompanied by a tender securing declaration in the format provided in the tendering documents.
8. All interested bidders for Quotation No. PA/001/14/CZN/W/03 must visit the site to acquaint themselves with the surroundings and obtain all information that may be necessary for preparing the Quotation and entering into a contract. The costs of visiting the site shall be at the Bidder`s own expense. Bidders are required to contact Plant Manager for site visit arrangement (Site visit certificate shall be used as a mandatory evaluation criteria)
9. All quotations in one original plus three copies, properly filled in, and enclosed in plain envelopes marked Quotation Number, must be delivered to the SECRETARY, TANESCO ZONAL TENDER BOARD – CENTRAL ZONE, P.O. BOX 49, DODOMA to reach him at Fourth Floor, TANESCO Building, Zonal Office not later than 25th August, 2014 at 14.30hrs local time.
10. Deadline for submission will be on or before 14:30 Hours 25th August, 2014 Quotations will be opened promptly thereafter in public and in the presence of Supplier’s representatives who choose to attend in the opening at TANESCO Building, Zonal Conference Room-Dodoma
11. Late quotations, portion of quotations, electronic quotations and quotations not received, quotations not opened at the quotation opening ceremony shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
SENIOR MANAGER – TANESCO CENTRAL ZONE