TENDER NO. PA/001/13/LZN/N/003 FOR GUARDING TANESCO PREMISES
AND VITAL INSTALLATIONS IN MARA REGION
Invitation for Tenders August, 2014
1. Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (TANESCO) intends to enter into contract for
provision of non consultant services for Guarding TANESCO Premises and Installations in
2. The Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (TANESCO) now invites sealed bids from
eligible Bidders for provision of Guarding Services to TANESCO Premises and Installations in
3. Tendering will be conducted through National Competitive Bidding procedure as specified in
the Public Procurement (Goods, Works, Non Consultant Service and Disposal of Public Assets
by Tender) Regulations, 2013 – Government Notice No. 446 and is open to all Tenderers as
defined in the Regulations.
4. Interested eligible Tenderers may obtain further information from and inspect the Tendering
Documents at the Zonal Procurement Management Unit Office (ZPMU) located at TANESCO
Lake Zone office, Former TANESCO Mwanza Regional Office, P.O. Box 812 Mwanza.
Telephone/fax (255) 28 2541629/2541617 from 09:00hrs to 16.30hrs on Mondays to Fridays
inclusive except on public holidays.
5. A complete set of Tendering Document(s) in English and additional sets may be purchased by
interested Tenderers on the submission of a written application to the address given under
paragraph 4 above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Tsh: 50,000 per Tender.
Payment should either be by Cash, Banker’s Draft, or Banker’s Cheque, payable to TANESCO
Ltd. P.O. Box 812 Mwanza, Tanzania.
6. All Tenders must be accompanied by original tender securing declaration or tender security
equivalent to 1.5% of contract value in Tanzanian Shilling (TZS) in the form of bank guarantee
or banker’s cheque from reputable bank.
7. All tenders in one original plus three copies, properly filled in, and enclosed in plain envelopes
clearly marked “TENDER NO. PA/001/13/LZN/N/003 FOR GUARDING TANESCO
PREMISES AND VITAL INSTALLATIONS IN MARA REGION, NOT TO BE OPENED
BEFORE 14:30 HOURS on 29th August, 2014 should be addressed to the SECRETARY,
DELEGATED ZONAL TENDER BOARD P.O. BOX 812, Mwanza to reach him at Lake Zone
Office, Former TANESCO Mwanza Regional Office, not later than 29th August, 2014 at
14.30pm local time.
8. The interested bidders shall visit the Site to inspect the works and acquaint themselves with
the surroundings and obtain all information that may be necessary for preparing the tender and
entering into a contract. The costs of visiting the Site shall be at the bidder’s own expense.
Bidders will be required to contact with Zonal Procurement Office for site visit arrangements.
9. Late Tenders, Portion of Tenders, Electronic Tenders, Tenders not received, Tenders not
opened and not read out in Public at the tender opening ceremony shall not be accepted for
evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
SENIOR ZONAL MANAGER-LAKE
TANZANIA ELECTRIC SUPPLY COMPANY LIMITED