INVITATION FOR TENDERS
Date: October, 2013
1. The Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited has set aside funds for operation during the financial year 2013 and intends to use part of the proceeds to cover eligible payment under the contract for Clearing & Forwarding Services for year 2013-2014.
2. The Tanzania Electric Supply Company now invites sealed tenders from eligible National service providers who fit to provide the above mentioned services for the financial year 2013-2014.
3. The successful bidders will be required to provide the services for a period of one year extendable annually up to a maximum of three years upon successful performance and at the discretion of employer.
- Tendering will be conducted through the National Competitive procedures specified in the Public Procurement (Goods, Works, Non-Consultant Service and Disposal of Public Assets by Tender) Regulations, 2005 – Government Notice No. 97 and are open to all Tenderers as defined in the Regulations.
- Interested eligible Tenderers may obtain further information from and inspect the Tendering Documents at the office of the Procurement Management Unit Office located at Ground floor, Room No. G.15, TANESCO Head office, Umeme Park, located along Ubungo-Ubungo Road, P.O. Box 9024 Dar es Salaam. Telephone/fax (255) 22 2451145/2452172 from 09:00 hours to 16.30 hours on Mondays to Fridays inclusive except on public holidays.
6. A complete set of Tendering Document(s) in English and additional sets may be purchased by interested Tenderers on the submission of a written application to the address given under paragraph 4 above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of TZS: 100,000.00 or equivalent. Payment should either be by Cash, Banker’s Draft, or Banker’s Cheque, payable to TANESCO Ltd. P.O. Box 9024 Dar es Salaam
7. All tenders must be accompanied by a Tender Securing Declaration in the format provided in the tendering documents indication a suspension period of three (3) years if in breach of obligations under stipulated conditions
8. All tenders in one original plus three copies, properly filled in, and enclosed in plain envelopes clearly marked TENDER No. PA/001/13/HQ/N/033 FOR PROVISION OF CLEARING & FORWARDING SERVICES FOR YEAR 2013-2014 NOT TO BE OPENED BEFORE 14.30 HOURS ON 29th November, 2013 should be addressed to the SECRETARY, TANESCO TENDER BOARD P.O. BOX 9024, DAR ES SALAAM to reach him at room No. G 15 not later than 29th November, 2013 at 14.30 hrs local time.
9. Late tenders, portion of tenders, electronic tenders, tenders not received, and not opened and not read out in public at the Tender opening ceremony shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
TANZANIA ELECTRIC SUPPLY COMPANY LIMITED